I have not taken the decision to run for your Sheriff lightly. I realize the tremendous responsibility of this endeavor. At its core, the decision was motivated by my passion to lead, and my continuing call to serve the community I love.
Please take a few minutes to explore my website and my social media pages on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Learn more about me, my law enforcement experience as well as my goals and commitment to you. Learn more about the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office, our history and the services we offer here.
I am thankful to have earned your trust and support in becoming your next Sheriff.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, you can send me an email or call me directly at 301-481-7354.
An honorable leader whose 28 years of continuous service are characterized by integrity and professionalism.
As your Sheriff, I will…
- Maintain and safeguard public trust by holding all Sheriff's Office employees accountable to the highest standards.
- Continue a commitment to solving problems through community policing and building relationships and partnerships with community leaders and faith-based organizations.
- Expand traffic safety initiatives and implement programs designed not only to reduce traffic accidents, but to better manage traffic flow.
- Broaden the School Resource Officer program to include elementary schools.
- Create a fully functional co-responder unit to address the needs of citizens in our community experiencing mental crisis and promote programs that support mental health.
- Adhere to the best correctional practices to ensure career criminals are incarcerated, and those in need of rehabilitation are provided resources to succeed.
- Implement district-based policing throughout the county.